Terms & Conditions
UPDATED 26th August 2020
1. Enforced Closure of Retreat
In the event that the Retreat Centre is forced to close due to circumstances outside of the control of Cliffs of Moher Retreat Limited, please note the following:
(a) Deposits/Retreat Experience payments are non-refundable. Your deposit/Retreat Experience payment may be transferred to another retreat listed on our website of your choice subject to availability. Only one transfer permitted. This transfer option is valid up to a period of 2 years from date of original booking.
2. Client Cancellations:
(a) Deposits/Retreat Experience payments are non-refundable.
(b) Cancellations within 21 days of the retreat start date will result in the deposit/Retreat Experience payment being forfeit.
(c) Cancellations up to 21 days of the retreat start date: your deposit/Retreat Experience payment may be transferred to another retreat listed on our website of your choice subject to availability. Only one transfer permitted. This transfer option is valid up to a period of 2 years from date of original booking.
(d) Retreats that are booked in conjunction with promo codes or as special offers: promotional offer is only valid for the original retreat date booked and not transferable.
(e) Deposits for Teacher Training bookings are non-refundable.
(f) In the event of a ‘no show’ for any booking, any balance due for the retreat will be charged in full.
Vouchers are issued for redemption at the Cliffs of Moher Retreat for the provision of accommodation, services or benefits equivalent in value to the purchase price of the voucher. Please be aware there is no expiry on our vouchers but prices can vary depending on the nature of the retreat and seasonal fluctuations. Gift vouchers may not be exchanged wholly or partially for cash. However, personal credit can be given if the full amount is not used. This personal credit can be used towards another retreat.
4. If you are travelling to Ireland from outside the country: Before you come on the retreat you must be covered by insurance, which must include adequate cover for baggage, medical expenses and the cost of repatriation should you become too ill to continue, including helicopter rescue and air ambulance. It is up to each individual to ensure that their insurance is adequate for the retreat they have booked. Any claims concerning matters for which you are insured must be directed to your insurers. If you participate in any extra activities that may be available on the retreat such as Surfing, Climbing, Cycling, Trekking, Kayaking etc you must have insurance that will cover these activities. The Company is not liable for non compliance to this and the passenger accepts responsibility for obtaining any travel insurance required for the holiday and the activities you wish to do while on holiday.
5. Any information or advice provided by the Company on matters such as permits, visas, vaccinations, climate, clothing, baggage, special equipment, airlines and travel connections etc. is given in good faith but without responsibility on the part of the Company, and the passenger accepts responsibility for obtaining any necessary visas and travel documents required for the holiday.
6. We will let you know as soon as we can if, through no fault of your own, we are forced to significantly alter or cancel your retreat. In these circumstances you can choose one of the following options.
a) accept our offer of a replacement retreat of lower cost (if available) and we will refund the difference in cost; or b) accept our offer of a replacement retreat of equivalent cost or c) ask us for a refund of the money you have paid.
7. Your booking is accepted on the understanding that you realize the possible hazards involved in our retreat, including injury, disease, loss or damage to property, inconvenience and discomfort. Changes in planned holidays may be caused by flight cancellations, weather, sickness, or other unforeseeable circumstances. No refunds will be given for services not utilised. If a customer of Cliffs of Moher Retreat is unable, or does not choose, to complete an itinerary on their holiday, the Company is not liable to supply alternative itineraries, excursions, accommodations, services or staff for the period when the client is not present with the group.
8. On an active group retreat if you participate in the activities it is necessary that you abide by the authority of the leader, who represents the company. Signing our booking form signifies your agreement to this, and if you commit any illegal act when on a Cliffs of Moher Retreat holiday or if in the opinion of the leader your behaviour is causing or likely to cause danger, distress or annoyance to others we may terminate your holiday arrangements without any liability on our part. If you are affected by any condition, medical or otherwise or have any special needs, these must be brought to the attention of the company at time of booking.
9. If you have any complaint about the retreat, you must make it known at the earliest opportunity to the host and/or our local representative, who will normally be able to take appropriate action. If you are not satisfied with their response and you feel your enjoyment of the retreat is likely to be significantly affected, you should notify our head operations by phone and we will do our best to resolve the problem.
10. Any activities participated in on our holidays that are not run by Cliffs of Moher Retreat but in conjunction with a local company offering surfing, climbing, hiking, biking and touring etc, are of the responsibility of the participant and the company involved and not Cliffs of Moher Retreat. Customers must adhere to the involved company’s terms and conditions and Cliffs of Moher Retreat are not liable for anything on the part of these companies.
11. We are responsible to you for the proper performance of our obligations under the contract. We are liable to you for any damage caused to you by our failure to perform the contract or by our improper performance of the contract, unless that failure is: a) attributable to you; b) attributable to a third party unconnected with the provision of the services and are unforeseeable or unavoidable; c) due to unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control and could not have been avoided even if all due care had been taken d) due to an event which even with all due care we could not foresee or forestall.
12. Commitment to Data Security. Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorized employees, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information. All emails and newsletters from our sites allow you to opt out of further mailings. The Cliffs of Moher Retreat will never sell trade, rent, exchange or otherwise share your personal information with any other person, company or organization.
13. This contract is governed by the laws of the Republic of Ireland. Any conflict between the terms and conditions of the contract and the law of the Republic of Ireland, then the law of the Republic of Ireland shall prevail.