Chocolate Beetroot Cake (GF)
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup raw cacao
- 1 medium raw beetroot, peeled and finely chopped in food processor (approx 3/4 cup)
- 2 cups almond meal
- 3 eggs (beaten in separate small bowl)
- 3 tablespoons coconut palm sugar
- 3 teaspoons Gluten Free baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line cake tin with grease proof paper.
- Peel and quarter the beetroot and pulse in food processor until finely chopped.
- Add coconut oil, maple syrup, cacao and beetroot into a saucepan. Place over low heat for a couple of minutes, stirring often, until all the ingredients are well combined and the mixture resembles a smooth chocolate sauce.
- Mix together the almond meal, coconut palm sugar and baking powder in a large bowl until combined.
- Add the beaten eggs and chocolate/beetroot mix into the bowl and stir until completely combined.
- Pour the mix into the lined cake tin and pop in the oven for 30-40minutes or until cooked through.
- Leave to cool before removing from tin.
Tip – if you don’t have a food processor, you can finely grate the beetroot instead!!!
- 3/4 cup of organic dark chocolate (broken into pieces)
- 1/4 cup organic coconut cream
- Melt chocolate in a saucepan over very low heat.
- Once melted, remove from heat and pour in coconut cream and beat until combined.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes then continue to beat until smooth and glossy.
- Apply when cake is completely cool.
- Serve and Enjoy! 🙂